Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thesis script

For the longest time, I've been trying to find a way for viewers to "enjoy the ride", while they watch my animation. I can't have a song, because it'll be too distracting. The characters can't be silent, because some people don't know about the Japanese evacuation. I can't just have music, because I don't have any good tunes that fit. Plus I do want people to learn from this story. So I decided to just tell the story myself. Hopefully, there can be music in the background, but this is the best I can come up with. I feel this is the best way to do it anyway. The two things I want to show the world are my story telling and clay figures.

When it comes to the ending, I didn't really want anything to be said. Seeing the family before the train is said enough. But I will recite a poem I wrote when the little soldier boy helps out my family:



Out of all the evil she faced during the evacuation
Out of all that was lost
She stood there at the train station
Until she heard something being tossed

A little soldier boy gave up his possession
He gave up his rations, just so that others may survive
My grandmother had never seen such compassion
These are truly the things that will keep us alive

She started to look around
For the little soldier boy she never knew
But he was too far to chase down
So Yuri called out and said “Thank you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment