Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Senior Thesis

This is my magnum opus. This is the greatest art piece I ever produced. I'm a little upset that I wasn't able to finish as I planned, but I am pleased with how I managed to pulled together everything that I had in order to tell a story.

My thesis is about my grandmother during the evacuation to the Japanese internment camps. This project took about two years and one of the pieces that helped me graduate from the School of Visual Arts (2010). The figures are clay armatures, shot frame by frame with my Sony Alpha digital camera, in front of a green screen. Then I would key out the characters using Adobe After Effects and composite them onto 3D backgrounds, that I created in Autodesk Maya 2009.

This is a "low quailty" video that I'm uploading. The thesis is about 4 minutes in length, so I had to sacrifice the quality.

Senior Thesis by Jason Hata from Jason Hata on Vimeo.



You can see my original thesis here:

No comments:

Post a Comment