Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Animation Test I

Just to get a feel on how to go about tackling my thesis "animation-wise", I created a few tests. Other than I need to get a better green screen, overall I'm happy with what I got. Keying/compositing is something I'll have to learn, but the animating part was not only fast on my part, but I enjoyed the process. It's a whole lot different than taking a rigged character from Maya and moving one body part at a time. The only downsides I feel about stop-motion is I can't tweak certain limbs. I'll have to re-shoot the entire movement if the animation doesn't look right. Also, gravity is not my friend in stop-motion. XD Just a minor problem I'll figure out as I go along.

Clay Animation Test 1 from Jason Hata on Vimeo.



I think out of all the shots, I love the shot of Scotty the best. Besides the camera "twitching" because I used frame blending in After Effects, I absolutely love the dog's smooth movement. The tail wagging is perfect.

I also like the first shot on the lower right, Yuri kneeling down to pat Scotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment