Thursday, October 29, 2009

Beta versions of scenes for thesis:

The scenes were created using Maya 2009, mental ray. Before going into detail about the importance of each scene, I wanted to point out that because I'm doing clay animation for my thesis, I had to kill all reflectivity on all the geometry. Unless I want to piss off the compositors helping me, it'll be a hassle to put reflections on all the objects in the scene. Likewise, I can't just ignore doing all that work, because it'll also look awkward if the character is walking around and objects that show reflection won't have the person's mirror image. So I turned off reflectivity, but it still look awesome.

This first scene is the family market. This is the where the story first takes place. It's also important that all of the scenes are colorful, because throughout the story, various possessions desaturate in color to represent "loss".



The next two is the kitchen scene. This is where the father explains to Yuri about Executive Order: 9066. That little ray of sunlight was simply added to test out ambient light from outside the window. Because of the grim atmosphere, that light won't be there.





The last pic is Yuri's bedroom. This is where Yuri will be seen packing her suitcase. The father walks in to catch Yuri filling her suitcase full of photo albums and scolds her. There will be more photographs on the wall as well, to show a deep dedication to preserving memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment